Mushroom-cherry tomato sauce with spaghetti and wilted pea shoots
- Olive oil and flour whisked together over medium low to make a roux
- One big diced shallot and a pinch of salt sauteed with the roux
- Then a few minced garlic cloves and a pinch of dried thyme
- Add a whole bunch of sliced cremini mushrooms and keep stirring until things wilt
- This also required a little more salt, a little more oil, and a splash of white wine, some more wine (hell, the rest of the bottle; there wasn’t much), and some water just trying to get the damn thing to a sauce-like consistency
- Somewhere in there I threw in half a pint of cherry tomatoes, the bigger ones cut in half, and let them cook until they exploded or got squished on impact
- When everything looked pretty good, a few splashes of balsamic vinegar got mixed in
- After the pasta cooked, I put a bunch of nutritional yeast in there (NOOCH IS LIFE) and some pepper before mixing the pasta in with the sauce
Also threw a half pound bag of pea shoots in a pan with a little oil and a tiny bit of leftover pasta cooking water ‘til they got wilted.
This was actually pretty tasty, despite some questionable stages during the saucing process.